Call for Nominations: NCD Child Governing Council
NCD Child is pleased to announce a call for nominations to its Governing Council. The Governing Council serves as the organization’s governing body, charged with establishing policies and strategies that support NCD Child’s mission and goals that affect the integrity, effectiveness, and sustainability of activities and initiatives of NCD Child. Specifically, the group works to:
- identify issues and challenges for children and adolescents related to non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
- recommend policies, programs, and strategies important to the activities of NCD Child
- review and disseminate NCD Child key documents and publications
- represent NCD Child at key events and meetings
- help identify funding opportunities to support the work of NCD Child
Council members serve for a three -year term, renewable once. Council members are expected to participate in quarterly teleconferences, participate in educational events and/or serve on subcommittees of the Council as needed and based on their interest and expertise, and attend a 2-day annual face-to-face council meeting. Governing Council members should be representative of civil society (eg., NGO, academia, professional societies, patient group, etc.).
There are limited spots available. Applications are due by May 12.
To apply, please visit: tinyurl.com/NCDChildGovCouncil