Call for proposals: NCD Child Secretariat
NCD Child is seeking a new Secretariat effective January 1, 2020 for a period of 3 years, with the potential for renewal thereafter. Organizations interested in learning more about the Secretariat’s role are encouraged to schedule a telecon with a member of the NCD Child Executive Committee for additional background on NCD Child, the requested scope of the Secretariat, and details on the proposal process. To schedule an informational call, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 22, 2019.
Scope of Services: NCD Child’s Secretariat is expected to provide administrative and content support, and to possess staffing experience and knowledge appropriate to serve as Secretariat for our coalition. Services which will be reimbursed include:
- Maintain and update NCD Child contact database
- Administer centralized inbox for NCD Child
- Manage logistics for individuals traveling on behalf of NCD Child
- Schedule planning calls for events as requested
- Administer NCD Child social media channel(s)
- Maintain NCD Child archives
- Support coordination of NCD Child’s review and submission of comments to relevant public consultations
- Plan and coordinate events hosted by NCD Child
- Provide independent financial oversight and management of NCD Child budget
- Manage revenue and expenditures for secretariat activities and for grants and contracts
- Develop grant proposals and accompanying budgets in consultation with Executive Committee
- Prepare financial reports as required by funders
- Manage NCD Child Executive Committee, Governing Council and related committees/task forces
- Update and maintain content on NCDChild.org
- Develop and implement NCD Child communications strategy
- Support in the development and implementation of programs
- Offer technical expertise and management of projects as requested by Executive Committee
- Represent NCD Child at meetings and programs as requested.
Eligibility: The organization must be a legally registered entity with expertise in advocacy and the prevention and control of NCDs. A minimum of 5 permanent working staff and 3 years of operational experience is strongly preferred.