NCD Child is pleased to announce a call for nominations to its Governing Council for youth (aged 18-30 years) and adult (over age 30) advocates and professionals.
The Governing Council serves as the organization’s governing body, charged with establishing policies and strategies that support NCD Child’s mission and goals that affect the integrity, effectiveness, and sustainability of activities and initiatives of NCD Child. Specifically, Council members work to:
- identify opportunities for advocacy and sharing best practices regarding the specific issues and challenges for children, adolescents and young adults related to non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
- make significant progress against the organization’s Strategic Plan relating to evidence & policy, thought leadership and youth leadership in the field
- support and develop policies, programs, and strategies important to the activities of NCD Child
- review and disseminate NCD Child resources and publications
- represent NCD Child at key events and meetings
- help identify funding opportunities to support the work of NCD Child
Council members serve for a three-year term, renewable once. Council members are expected to participate in quarterly teleconferences, attend educational events, and serve on subcommittees of the Council as needed and based on their interest. Members must also attend a two-day annual face-to-face council meeting (planned as a virtual conference in 2020). Governing Council members should be representative of diverse civil society groups (eg. NGOs, academia, professional societies, patient groups, community activists etc.) and different world regions.
Applications are now closed.
For any questions please contact NCD Child Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.