NCD Child is pleased to announce a call for nominations to its Governing Council, open to both youth (aged 18-30 years) and adult applicants. The Governing Council serves as the organization’s governing body, charged with establishing policies and strategies that support NCD Child’s mission and goals. Specifically, Council members work to:
- Identify opportunities for advocacy and sharing of best practices regarding prevention and management of non-communicable diseases (NCDs) among children, adolescents and young people
- Make significant progress against the organization’s Strategic Plan and develop policies, programs, and strategies important to the activities of NCD Child
- Identify funding and partnership opportunities to support the work of NCD Child
- Review and disseminate NCD Child resources and publications
- Represent NCD Child at key events and meetings
- Engage as mentors for NCD Child Young Leaders
Council members serve for a three-year term, renewable once. Council members are expected to participate in quarterly teleconferences, attend educational events, and/or serve on subcommittees as needed and based on their interest/expertise. Members must also attend an annual face-to-face Council meeting, circumstances permitting. Governing Council members should be representative of diverse civil society groups (e.g., NGOs, academia, professional societies, patient groups, community activists etc.), age groups and different world regions.
Applications are due by October 20, 2022, 12 a.m. EDT. There are limited spots available.
Please contact the NCD Child Secretariat if you need any further information about the nomination procedure or the work of NCD Child.
Applications are now closed.